This week I developed the Google sheet to help organize the information about who will be going to which district and doing what. I have never been good with creating spreadsheets, so I went on YouTube and watched some tutorial videos to better my skills. I also transferred the information from the pamphlet about Writing Arts onto a word document to add to the back page about the scholarship for students to bring to High School Visting. I met with 2 more potential candidates this week as well. I have been looking at more film, and Rachel is still sick therefore we have not been able to record her interview.
This week Rachel and I tried to do her interview for Writing Research and Technology, but she has been sick. I went to the meeting with students for candidate 1 to get an idea about who they are as a person and professor. I've been reviewing footage of WRT and plan to have a very rough draft up by the end of the semester.
This week, I added a lot of new information regarding the Freshman Writing Scholarship and the job candidate interviews. I reached out to a lot of students about being involved in the Writing Arts Outreach idea, where they wold go back to their high schools to discuss Writing Arts and about being present for the student meeting portions of the interviewing. I did edit the Technologies and the Future of Writing video, however it is getting harder for me to pick out what needs to be changed in it. Possibly because I've worked on it for so long.
This week I focused a lot on editing the Technologies and the Future of Writing module video. I tried new techniques like breaking up the longer portions of speech and tried cutting out excess video footage. I also reviewed the film we have for Writing Research and Technology and determined we need to interview Rachel, and find 1 more man to interview about the class. I also brainstormed ways to add incentive for students going on high school visits for the department. I also heard back from AWP and am waiting on a response as to what bio I should use for the undergraduate program we offer.
Week 10 was a very slow week for me. I finished up editing the Technologies and the Future of Writing draft and uploaded it to YouTube. We did not meet this week because of election day, and from Tuesday until Saturday I was sick and wasn't able to get much work done. Next week, I plan on considering potential blurbs for the November or December Writer's Insider, as well as getting feedback on the video draft I uploaded. I am also hoping to have the waivers signed so when I am finished making changes to the video, it can be officially posted to the website. It was not a productive week for me, but next week I intend to do better.
I got a lot done during the week. Most of my energy was focused on interviewing Laura Kincaid for the module video for Intro to Writing Arts and then editing that footage. I felt editing the footage didn't take as long for me as the first draft of the video I made, but it was still challenging and more than anything time consuming. I am learning a lot about Movie Maker and how to use the program, though I am still unsure about whether or not I am picking the right parts of the film for the video itself.
This was a productive week for me. I read a lot of online forums about how to fix the issues with files in MovieMaker I had been having with the film and was successful in finding how to fix it. I was able to re-interview Danny McGilloway about the Technologies and Future of Writing module and completed a draft of that video as well as started a draft of the Writing Research and Technology video.
This week was not as productive for me as I would have hoped. Rachel and I were finally able to film my interview for the TFW module, but unfortunately all of the editing I did on the footage was corrupted. I did make a draft of the video, but I cannot complete the draft until I interview Danny again and figure out a way to save the footage effectively. I took the hard-drive to the computer workshop, but they said they were not able to fix the problem. I also scanned to fix the hard drive, but that did not help with any of the issues it has been having with MovieMaker. I was able to get the picture from Joan Hanna that I needed to officially finish the October Writer's Insider which was exciting for me. I also have been researching reasons why we are potentially having issues with MovieMaker, but I have not yet had any breakthroughs.
This week had its ups and downs for me. I found that when I save any video on MovieMaker, it becomes corrupted which makes it difficult if not impossible to work on any type of project for a long period of time. I also found that any footage I had of Danny McGilloway's interview for the TFW module was lost due to this issue. The hard drive has also not been ejecting correctly. I have been getting a lot of practice editing with MovieMaker because I have been redoing the work so many times trying to save it correctly.