Interview Sara (
Interview Rachel Carly (get a good time)
Record Cate and other TEP classes
1) The showcase went well and we reached a decent amount of ears. I have pictures I must share and the sooner the better. I also need to make a Newsletter post about it using said pics. I’ll be making a Glassworks one as well for their last event.
2) Marya and Gracemarie both agreed to an interview, yay! Now we need to give them times that work for us. Let’s discuss this more during out meeting and choose several times that work best for us. I’d like us to get a quiet spot on campus, maybe one of those fancy new study rooms on the second floor of the library. I’m going to record audio and video and potential make a video project out of it, but we will see what I/Sara have time for.
3) Rachel is working diligently on the intern report. Perhaps now would be a good time to start sharing the work so we may add some meat. Meanwhile, we will all update the intern site as requested. Feel free to use our past emails as most have all of our progress on it.
4) The WC video is completed.
The Glassworks video is getting there
The Intern video should be getting started soon
Sarah brought up the possibility of not finishing the video by the end of the semester. After all, she still has a mashup to do. Is it possible to dish out some hours during the summer time to work on finalizing some projects we do not complete?
- We successfully interviewed Racheal Shapiro along with Sarah and Rachel (students) for the WRT course and a little bit of Intro to WA.
- Changes to the MA Website’s 4+1 and TEP, along with additional links and changes have been made.
- A video for WRT has been started (draft not yet available.)
- The WC video is available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw692XMptKo (I am very open to feedback)
What still needs to be done:
- Complete videos for WRT and Intro to WA (Mike)
- Interviews for GraceMarie and Marya (Mike and Sara)
- Even more changes and additional info to be added to MA Website, such as pictures (Sarah and Rachel)
- Internship Report (Rachel) — how far have you gotten this week?
- A final draft of a Glassworks video should be completed in the next couple of weeks — we have an interview with Katie Budris tomorrow. Sarah, please email Katie to remind her of the time and place as well as what clothing options she should avoid. Rachel, it would be wise if you play the role of camera person so you have more practice setting up, choosing a shot, and focusing the lens.
- There is also a TEP video that should be completed and shared on the MA website as well as Newsletter
- And of course the Newsletter itself will be completed sometime in April
- The writing center will be hosting several events this month. I will take it upon myself to attend these events and take pictures and create write ups for the Newsletter. (I also have to do the same for Glassworks.) These events may take some time from my available hours so it might holt the WRT/Intro video, although I’m going to get one done this week and one the following. That is my plan. On top of that, I’m also going to be in the process of moving homes so this may also complicate my progress.
- I will be hosting an event April 29th at 3 pm. It would be really neat if someone could take pictures so I won’t have to speak with a camera around my neck or entrust other people with Drew’s equipment.
What was Done:
- Shoot WC B-role
- Interview Steve
- Interview Tricia Dove next week
- Add Andrew into Faculty video
- Dissolve to back WC title fade in.
- Mesh Faculty and Student Videos
- Go to Glassworks Reading March 23
- Share Glassworks reading on social media
- Interviewed Steve and transferred files into both hard drives
- Interviewed Andrew
- Shared Glassworks and made posts (FB/Twitter) for RUWAC
- Fixed transitions of WC video, uploaded it to YouTube and embedded it into WC website
- Completed all interviews except for Tricia
What Came Up:
- I remembered that I should scan release form and found old ones wet from house flood. I have to reach old interviewees and get them to sign document.
- I "gave" the task to shoot B-role and pics for grad page to Rachel.
-We had to reschedule Tricia
- Be interviewed for Glassworks
- Fix Faculty Video
- Get Andrew to schedule an interview
- Combine student and faculty videos
- Wrote a blog article for News Letter of the talk with Claudia Rankine
- Fixed the title and audio of faculty video
- Scheduled interview with Andrew Davison
- Edited and uploaded Cate video
- Interviewed for Glassworks
What came up:
- I need to make questions to ask Andrew during interview
- We decided to break up the video editing this week (I will edit down Cate's video)
- The WAC has yet to come up with anything to do so I have to prepare something.
-Had to learn how to format an SD card on camera
- Rescheduled Celeste Interview
- Attended Claudia Rankine Talk
- Created video draft
-Uploaded video draft
-Had meeting with Celeste about draft
- Took and Uploaded pics of University for PR
- I will be interviewed this weekend
- We need to film walk into WC